Sunday, February 23, 2014

High Tea....South African Style




Good Morning!
I have to tell you about the wonderful "High Tea" I had to privilege to attend this past weekend....
It was a surprise for a friend, organized by another friend. It was absolutely wonderful...from the heavenly bites, to the carefully decorated tables.

And the cake! Oh my! Out of this world!


That is ALL edible. Incredible, isn't it? And it tasted delicious, too. 

My contribution to the party was to make place cards for the table. I wanted to do something different, so I decided to make the little tags with names on, look like teabag tags. 
I made shortbread dough and cut out shapes to look like tea bags, and punched a hole in the top before baking them.


 This is after they came out of the oven. I dipped the ends in melted chocolate, because I thought it resembled the dark tea leaves in the teabag.( come on, use your imagination!) I used embroidery thread (purple, because it is the birthday girl's favorite color), as the string. The name tags were pretty straight forward. The names were printed on purple card stock, far enough apart so that I could stamp the little frame around each name, and cut it out. I printed another piece for the back , of which I forgot to take a picture. Aargh! The two sides were then glued together with the string in between.This is what it looked like all put together:




Here are some more pictures of the lovely delicatessen.




 


Well, that's it for now. I hope this inspired you to do something similar for a friend!

              Love,
 
         Suzanne

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Those cookie name tags are so stinkin' cute! Good Job! And, HELLO! That cake it OUT of this world!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!