Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Little Green Shelf


I saw this cute little thing at my local Goodwill the other day. It was love at first sight.



It looks like it used to be some kind of hutch or something...but I had other plans for her.


I had Hubby cut off the bottom part, since she was going on the wall.
I actually liked her just the way she was in her
 dirty yellow, and could just leave her like that, but where is the fun in that?

So, I sprayed her with a green Pistachio from Krylon (after priming , of course...I am a really responsible
 painter these days).


I antiqued a little with an ooold tube of artist's Burnt Umber, that I just rubbed on a little here and there.

And, of course, distressing...love that!

The black and white paper I decoupaged on the back looked too bright and stark on
 this otherwise older looking piece, so I rubbed that with the Burnt Umber, too.



And here she is.......isn't she lovely? Makes me want to break
 into song:
 "Isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful? na na na na na..."

Hu Uhm..never mind.




Once again:    


    Before 

    


After


What do you think? Have you made any fun purchases at the thrift store lately?
Let me know. I would love to read about it!

I am joining the party at Funky Junk Interiors's Saturday Night Special
Its so Very Cheri 's Its so Very Creative
All Thingz Related
Miss Mustardseed's Furniture Friday


17 comments:

  1. Nice job-- funny how the mistakes turn out better than you planned, huuh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You did a beautiful job! Love your blog too. I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your shelf turned out. It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever. I love how this came out. I am following you now too. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful find and make over! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. What a great re-use!

    Always, Teresa

    http://RitasRamblingRanch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your shelf! What a great redo, and the color is perfect! I went to the GoodWill today as a matter of fact, and left empty handed, nothing great there! Joining you for SNS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! The after is sooooo much better! I love green : ) Job well done!
    Lots of love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is SO cute! What a great idea to turn it into a wall shelf. I am having lots of fun catching up on your blog...thanks for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great transformation!!! I just the color and cloth your used =)

    Dropping by from It's So Very Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!! How adorable! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! The color is so fun and the paper adds a nice touch! Great job.

    I would love it if you stopped by my blog to check out my Scentsy giveaway right now! Have a wonderful day. alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! So great, especially the background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice shelf, you had me totally hooked with your blue hutch though :) New follower here, via miss Mustard Seed :)
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!!!